Take the Pitfalls out of Presenting with PowerPointPosted by bdynamics on Nov 3, 2009 in Uncategorized | 1 comment
I have seen a lot of really good presentations go bad with the use of automation. Here are some of the problems I have found:
- Presenters reading their screens (this is not a teleprompter)
- Information overload on the screen
- Animations for the sake of animating, just because you can
- Sloppy transitions between slides or other programs
- Presentations that need the room completely dark for anyone to see the screen
- Emails and automatic updates popping onto the screen
- Technology problems – can’t get it to run!
I am sure there are many more, but these are some of the most common problems that I see out there and they don’t have to happen. We have come to gather information and/or entertainment from your talk – so now we need you to deliver. There are some very simple rules to follow, easy ways to smoothly transition, and preparations you can take to avoid issues.
Anyone signed up for our monthly newsletter can receive the free e-book “Take thePitfalls out of Presenting with PowerPoint”. If you would like to receive your free copy, sign up at: Subscribe to the Burnside Dynamics LLC newsletter.
Please feel free to share your tips and ideas regarding PowerPoint presentations here.